Monday, April 26, 2010

What a week

Last week that is.

A dear friend is going through a very traumatic issue in her life right now. And she asked if I could watch her three children. I couldn't refuse. So last week was a week of stresses and tears and trying to make sure that all the wee ones under our simple hovel roof never felt left out or in doubt of the love that was felt for them. Lots of hugs and kisses going around for the smallest ones and trying to have calm moments just to listen to the older ones. We are all hoping that this week will allow everything to get back to normal.

But having 6 children from the ages of 3 to 15 in a three bed home, of course has not left me with much time for crafting. But I have a couple of things in the works. I am working a baby quilt for this dear friend, that is a surprise. I am also working on a spring garland to snazzy up the foyer in the hovel. It seems like I have something else waiting in the wings but for the life of me I just can't seem to remember what it is.

Mostly this little post was to say I'm still here. Trying diligently to create so that I can remain somewhat sane. Of course I don't think you should ask anyone in the hovel if I'm sane right now. I'm sure you will get widely varying answers.

Cheers!